FIRSTENERGY FAMILY Credit Union, Inc. Truth-In-Savings Disclosure
The rates, fees and terms applicable to your account at the Credit Union are provided with this Truth-in-Savings Disclosure. The Credit Union may offer other rates for these accounts from time to time
Except as specifically described, the following disclosures apply to all of the accounts. All accounts described in this Truth-in-Savings Disclosure are share accounts.
- RATE INFORMATION — The annual percentage yield is a percentage rate that reflects the total amount of dividends to be paid on an account based on the dividend rate and frequency of compounding for an annual period. For all accounts, the dividend rate and annual percentage yield may change at any time as determined by the Credit Union’s Board of Directors. The dividend rates and annual percentage yields are the rates and yields as of the last dividend declaration date that is set forth in the Rate Schedule.
- NATURE OF DIVIDENDS — Dividends are paid from current income and available earnings after required transfers to reserves at the end of the dividend period.
- DIVIDEND COMPOUNDING AND CREDITING. The compounding and crediting frequency of dividends and the dividend period applicable to each account are stated in the Rate Schedule. The dividend period is the period of time at the end of which an account earns dividend credit. The dividend period begins on the first calendar day of the period and ends on the last calendar day of the period.
- ACCRUAL OF DIVIDENDS — For all earning accounts, dividends will begin to accrue on noncash deposits (e.g. checks) on the business day you make the deposit to your account. For all accounts, if you close your account before accrued dividends are credited, you will not receive the accrued dividends. However, for Christmas Club accounts, any accrued dividends will be paid if you close the account within seven (7) days of the date you open it
- BALANCE INFORMATION — To open any account, you must deposit or already have on deposit the minimum required share(s) in any account. Some accounts may have additional minimum opening deposit requirements. The minimum balance requirements applicable to each account are set forth in the Rate Schedule. For Share Savings, Plan-It Save-4-It, and Christmas Club accounts, there is a minimum daily balance required to earn the annual percentage yield disclosed for the dividend period. If the minimum daily balance requirement is not met each day of the period, you will not earn the annual percentage yield stated in the Rate Schedule. For accounts using the daily balance method as stated in the Rate Schedule dividends are calculated by applying a daily periodic rate to the principal in the account each day
- ACCOUNT LIMITATIONS — For Share Savings, Plan-it Save-4-It, and Christmas Club accounts, you may make no more than six (6) transfers and withdrawals from your account to another account of yours or to a third party in any month by means of a preauthorized, automatic, or Internet transfer, by telephonic order or instruction, or by check, draft, debit card or similar order. If you exceed these limitations, your account may be subject to a fee or be closed. For Christmas Club accounts, the entire balance will be transferred to another account of yours on or after October 1 and the account will remain open. You may not make withdrawals from your account at any other time. If you wish to access the funds in your Christmas Club account, you may close it. If you close your account, you will forfeit all accrued, uncredited dividends. However, any accrued dividends will be paid if you close the account within seven (7) days of the date you open it.
MEMBERSHIP — As a condition of membership, you
must purchase and maintain the minimum required
share(s) as set forth below.
Par Value of One Share $5.00
Number of Shares Required 1
- RATES — The rates appearing with this Schedule are accurate as of the last dividend declaration date indicated on this Truth-in-Savings Disclosure. If you have any questions or require current rate information on your accounts, please call the Credit Union.
- FEES — See separate fee schedule for a listing of fees and charges applicable to your account(s).
The rates appearing in this Schedule are accurate as of the Last Dividend Declaration Date indicated on this Truth-In-Savings Disclosure. If you have any questions or require current rate and fee information on your accounts, please call the Credit Union.